As it is my commitment to keeping the local community informed, I am pleased to share with you the following West Maui land, condo, and home sales reports for your review — covering Kaanapali, Kapalua, Lahaina, and Launiupoko. Find sales volume, days on market, list versus sold price, price per square foot, and more.
This spectacular 5 bedroom Launiupoko home and view is listed by Jeff Onderko and Hawaii Life Real Estate Brokers for $2.595,000. MLS #378020
For more extensive, detailed and comprehensive sales data for any of these areas or properties, please refer to Jeff.HawaiiLife.com/stats or feel free to contact me directly.
87 West Maui transactions — the most sales in a one month period by 13% in 10+ years.
- Kapalua had 3 sales, including an oceanfront Kapalua Place property that records as the highest sale in West Maui this year at $12M.
- Kaanapali Hillside had 4 of the 6 home sales in the Kaanapali area — Average price $1.377M. Kaanapali Golf Estates had the 2 others.
- 12 of the 19 West Maui homes sold were over $1M (7 were under $1M)
- With the help of the $12M Kapalua sale, the average sales price for May is a gaudy $2.013M
- The lowest priced sale was tied between two Lahaina properties, both sold for $600K.
- Papakea in Honokowai had the most sales (7), followed by Honua Kai in Kaanapali (6).
- Montage Residences at Kapalua Bay had 3 sales over $3.4M — Two were over $5M and one at $7.75M (highest this month). Puamana had it's 2nd ever sale over $3M
- Kaanapali's 24 sales made up 38% of the entire condo market for May
- Low Sale — Two fee simple Maui Lani Terraces studio units sold for $210K
What's Selling this Year?
West Maui has seen a 22% increase over the same period 2017
- Kaanapali is on fire — for the year home sales are up 111% and condos 81%.
- Kapalua is also continuing its hot streak trend from 2017 and is up 300% on the residential side, 31% on the condo side.
- Lahaina Townhomes are in demand — sales volume is up 23% over 2017, and 2017 saw a 27% increase over 2016.
- Launiupoko Land — Up 250% and twice as much has sold here than anywhere else.
Want to Know More?
If you are in the market for buying or selling West Maui real estate or have any questions about the area or the market in general, please feel free to contact me. I welcome the opportunity to give you information on my previous sales performance and marketing strategies. Or if you’re curious about what your property is worth in today’s market, it would be my pleasure to provide you with property information and a value assessment free of any sales pitch.