A little known secret...There are very few residential beachside communities in all of West Maui. It's true. You say what?
Well first off, when I speak of beachside community...I'm not talking about high density condo on the beach community, or the 1-acre mansion on the beach community, and I'm definitely not talking about the high-on-the-hillside-and-gotta-golf-cart-down-to-the-beach community. These are all great communities in their own right; however, for the purposes of this article:
8,400+ sq foot lot, expansive property development and major upgrades (main house left, cottage straight)
Residential Beachside Community Means
1. Beach - The neighborhood must be in very close proximity to a lengthy stretch of sand. Not just the ocean's edge, seawall, or rocks. And not just a sliver of sand. At least a 1/4 mile or more; a place you can walk, run, sit, lounge, play, and enjoy.
2. Proximity - I mentioned it above. By close, I mean right there. 1-2 streets - and BAM - beach!
3. No highway separating neighborhood and beach - The difference between living mauka or makai of the highway. No Honoapiilani Hwy, No PCH. The highway must run behind the neighborhood.
4. No thru traffic - There is 1 access point in and out to the entire neighborhood. 1 road in, 1 road out.
5. The entire neighborhood must be flat - This is very important for walking, biking, pulling wagons, strollers, coolers, and other family beach town activities.
6. Residential regular - no hotels, timeshares, or mega mansions. Less than 10,000 sq fot lots, zoned R-2.
7. County Sewer and Water
8. No HOA or HOA fees
9. Speed limit signs 20mph or under
10. Avg Sales Price: under $1M
Yeah, that close; beach access is just around the corner
Beach Lover's Paradise
Like I said, there are very few residential beachside communities in West Maui...However, there is a property at 420 Alio St (MLS# 369090) that meets every requirement above and then some. A place that allows you to walk, bike, stroll, or roll by wagon anywhere you want. A place that has the conveniences of Front St, Lahaina Harbor, and downtown, but also has its own protective seclusion cut off from high traffic or thru access. A place where you meet the neighbors, and not just the ones next door...you meet people as you stroll/roll about enjoying the surroundings the neighborhood has to offer.
Check out the must-see property video and find your Lahaina Life!
This permitted main house and detached custom cottage has pride of ownership and vision throughout. A true beach compound lover's paradise with expansive property development, upgrades, and attention to detail. Each dwelling is independent of each other right down to the parking.
The Lot: 8,428 sq ft The Main House: 3 BR/2 BA 1,050 sq ft (Built 1972) The Ohana: 1 BR/1 BA, 496 sq ft (Built 2008) The Sales History: Last 4 sales dating back last 2 years: Avg price $723K, none had a permitted cottage The List Price: $950K
Cottage entrance: includes gated entry and 220 sq ft covered carport. Main house to right.
If you are interested in this property, have any questions, or would like to set up a private showing, please feel free to contact me. Thanks for reading!
Main House Living Room
Open space, granite, coconut wood floors. Custom designed 1940's style cottage.
Main House Front Exterior